Friday, May 15, 2009

Pppprrrrroooo Life

I honestly thought I would never see the day.... based on how it seems that our country is becoming even more liberal!! In a recent Gallop Poll, the majority of Americans were found to be pro-life! I have never fully thought polls to be accurate unless it was a huge difference. A 9% difference is pretty substantial! When you factor in the margin of error, no matter how you look at it, it is safe to determine that the majority of Americans do feel this way.




Gallop stated that this is the first time there has been this shift since Gallop first started tracking this polling questiong in 1996. Just look at the huge shift since then!!
Here is a breakdown of the position people have on whether or not abortion should be legal in any any or certain or no circumstances.



There are many more graphs from this poll topic found on Gallop's website, if you are interested. They also broke it down along party lines.
I have always been pro-life, but ever since we lost Jonathan last year, I have been even more vocal about it. There are so many parents who would love to father or mother a child. To willingly abort a child merely because they don't want to deal with parenthood or think it will be a hastle is just outright selfish. So far I have not come across any one who has lost a child during their pregnancy who is pro-choice. What is amazing to me is if the majority of Americans are pro-life, why did the majority of Americans vote for our beloved president? (This is one of those questions I always ask myself along with the question on how this president has a 66% approval rating?)
This made my day! I just had to take a time out to blog about it!


0 comments: