Friday, December 19, 2008

Arrogant

There are so many things that I could blog about from this week because of all of the events around the globe. Oil below $34, Christmas tree thefts higher, Bush bailing out the automakers, Obama choosing Rick Warren to speak at his inauguration, or wait... maybe I will give my opinion about that last topic....maybe later...

I was reading today on the Drudgereport about a CNN meteorologist suggesting that the global warming theory is arrogant! Personally... I can't believe that this actually made it in the news! However, I agree with him 100%. Earlier this year, I read an article written by scientists saying that the earth has cooled in the last few years. That didn't ever make it into the mainstream media. Instead we have seen "special editions" where news reporters go to the far North documenting the ice melting. They say this is to global warming! Here is a thought... a change in the earth's orbit can cause the sun to shine down more on different parts of the earth than usual, which would change the temperature in that general location. Just because that part of the earth is warmer this year than last year, doesn't mean that the earth is actually warming.

I am not naive and will not say that man does not have a responsibility to take care of the earth. I am not a tree hugger by any means and cry out to trees because it fell down, but I do my best to recycle and do my part in not trashing the earth. I do believe that all of the resources were given to us by God for our use, i.e. oil, natural gas, water, and etc... but that means we have a responsibility to take care of it. The meteorologist, Chad Myers said, “We have 100 years worth of data, not millions of years that the world’s been around." Then on Lou Dobbs Tonight, Dr. Jay Lehr, an expert on environmental policy said, "The last 10 years have been quite cool, and right now, I think we’re going into cooling rather than warming and that should be a much greater concern for humankind. But, all we can do is adapt. It is the sun that does it, not man.”

I personally think that "man made global warming" is a complete scam. We should continue coming up with different ways to generate energy, for instance, wind power, because that is just a smart thing to do.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hey, happy birthday!!!! We love you so much! I vaguely remember that day, 28 years ago....I remember them wheeling Mom away in a wheelchair, and I was crying because I wanted to go with her. Then Grandpa and Honey took me shopping so I could get my own baby doll. I named him Justin....

Tena said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday! I hope you have an excellent day!