Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Recently I just haven't been in the mood to blog about my current interests, i.e. politics, sports, religion, or business. I think I could be possibly burned out from watching and reading and hearing so much bad news! I am a news junky! I like to know what is going on in this country and world. But sometimes you just need a break! You turn on the tv and you watch as the stock market tumbles. You watch as the housing market tumbles. You watch as unemployment increases! You know how the Bible recommends for us to think of good things? Well.... It is really hard to do that sometimes!
Ultimately I know that in the end everything that we are going through right now is only temporary and we will get through it. This time in our lives is only a fraction of our life! So why stress about it? On my birthday, my friend and I were driving to get some ice cream. We were chatting when I had a thought, so I of course had to share it with him. I told him that we are young. My dad is more than twice the age that I am. His adult life has been longer than I have been alive! Think of all the experiences that he has gone through! He has been through mulitple recessions and has lived through multiple wars. He remains upbeat and trusts in God fully with his life! I would be foolish not to learn from his incredible example.
As this year ends, I look back and see that this has been a year of really good highs and really cruddy lows. Ultimately I feel like that this year has just sucked! But do you know what? I have gotten through it! I have deepened my relationship with my Savior! My wife and I have grown together even more, when I didn't think it was possible, through these hardships and losses!
Even though I don't think that I should bury my head in the sand and ignore the news and not continue to educate myself with the happenings around me, I do believe it is absolutely necessary to take the time and appreciate the life that we do have!
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I am so excited for our Christmas Eve service! I don't remember anytime when I have ever actually wanted to go to a Christmas Eve service. I am excited about just spending time with Alyson this Christmas. During these next few days, I encourage you to not focus on your job or think about how much money you spent for Christmas presents! If this year has been just as sucky for you as it has for me, finish out this year with a bang! Take the time to tell your family that you love them and appreciate them. You know what they say.... don't forget about the true meaning of Christmas! Thank the Lord for giving his Son to us, because of that we do have hope and faith that there is a better tomorrow. We will get through these crappy times in the market and housing industry and national debt... Besides all of those things that we worry about are merely just that....... Just things!

Happy Holidays!

1 comments:

Joy said...

So glad we got to spend the holidays with you!!! We love you!