Saturday, December 13, 2008

Things That Are Ridiculous...In The News

Colin Powell
In a interview earlier this week, Powell said, "Gov. Palin, to some extent, pushed the party more to the right, and I think she had something of a polarizing effect when she talked about how small town values are good. Well, most of us don't live in small towns. And I was raised in the South Bronx, and there's nothing wrong with my value system from the South Bronx." Then continued on to say this about Rush Limbaugh, "Can we continue to listen to Rush Limbaugh?" Powell asked. "Is this really the kind of party that we want to be when these kinds of spokespersons seem to appeal to our lesser instincts rather than our better instincts?"
Absolutely unbelievable! After hearing Powell say these things, I believe that he is really only a Republican in name only! Why did he think it was necessary to bash both Palin and also Limbaugh? Basically what he is saying is that our better instincts should be more moderate and we should do away with our real conservative values. I respect Powell because of his service to our country, but he has made my "Things That Are Ridiculous... In The News" list this week.

Proposition 8 Musical
Some famous actors got together in the last few weeks and made a short musical showing their support of Proposition 8. Jack Black acted as Jesus and sang how the Bible is misinterpreted and how Christians pick and choose certain things to live by. I must say... This video is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. This video shows me how Christians have done such a poor job in explaining and leading by example. It disgusts me when I see the news anchors smiles after the video.



0 comments: